Washington ACTE Summer Conference Industry Sponsors:
Washington Association for Career and Technical Education
Summer Career and Technical Education Conference
"WE ARE CTE...for Every Student's Success"
Please note: The STEM Training is sold out and is a specific, extended training running in conjunction with Summer Conference. Summer Conference also provides STEM-approved clock hours. There will be plenty of STEM-related sessions throughout the conference. Click here for the tentative schedule. If you registered for the STEM Training only because you needed STEM clock hours and would like to switch your registration to the regular Summer Conference, please email Tess Alviso.
August 7-10, 2016 – The Davenport Grand Hotel (Spokane)
Advance Rates Through July 15
Author, Coach, and Composer
Tuesday Breakfast Session
Student, Oklahoma State University
Click Here for Tentative Schedule (posted 6/10/16)
New - added 6/28/16
Jewelry All-Day Inservice, August 9, 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Lewis & Clark High School
Bring: A copy of your current frameworks (printed copy and electronic copy either in the cloud or on a thumb drive), one lesson that you do in class that is successful for you with grading rubrics to trade and share, leadership opportunities that you do in your district, and share on doing a Program Evaluation in your district. Please note this is a collaborative inservice. There is no extra responsibility, but an opportunity to network with other jewelry instructors around the state. If you are interested, please contact Gene Wachtel.
All registrations include WA-ACTE dues. Dues for current members are renewed and nonmembers automatically become members.
Online Registration (credit cards only)
Please Note: Online registrations incur processing/service fees of 4.95% of the credit card charge and $3.95 per registration, which 100% is paid by the registrant.
To avoid processing/service fees, please use paper registration.
WA-ACTE Special Group Rate (per diem) $96 single / $106 double / $116 triple / $126 quad
Rates Available 8/5/16 to 8/10/16
Book by 7/8/16
Self-Parking Rate for Registered Guests $10/day
The Davenport Grand Hotel, 333 West Spokane Falls Boulevard, Spokane WA 99201, 800-918-9344
- New this year...conference starts on Sunday.
- All Sunday sessions open to all registrants at no additional cost.
- Advance registration rates available through 7/15/16
- Registration increases by $50 after 7/15/16
- After 7/31/16 register onsite
- Registration includes lunch on Monday, breakfast on Tuesday, and up to 28 clock hours for entire conference (STEM-approved clock hours)
- STEM training offers up to 32 STEM-approved clock hours for entire conference (see more information below) - STEM Training Registration Sold Out as of 6/9/16
- Single day, retired, and student registrations available
- Special rate for Oregon or Idaho ACTE members (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- See registration form for all prices including section meals and additional section or national dues
- The following sessions require Summer Conference registration, but also additional session registration at no additional cost:
- Youth Mental Health
- Adobe CC Training - flyer
- New CTE Director Workshop - flyer - email email@example.com to register
- National Guard Field Day @ WA-ACTE in Spokane August 7
- Washington young people can serve their nation, their communities and themselves through a wide array of career-related service and education opportunities available through the Washington Army National Guard.
- Learn more about these opportunities upfront and personal Sunday, August 7, at a special exhibition conducted by the National Guard at the WA-ACTE conference in Spokane. An event flyer is available here.
- Participating teachers will get to see how the National Guard provides field services for health care, cooking, metal fabricating, mechanical repair and avionics. Maybe more importantly, teachers will have opportunities to meet Guard representatives who can help them gain access in their own communities to Guard personnel, facilities and equipment to help support local classes and students.
- Lunch and transportation are provided for those participating in the field event. We need an accurate head count ASAP so please RSVP to Tory Gering at the Manufacturing Industrial Council, Tory@seattleindustry.org or phone 206-762-2470. To participate in this event, you must register for the WA-ACTE conference at http://www.wa-acte.org/.
STEM Training Schedule: - STEM Training Registration Sold Out as of 6/9/16
- Day 1, Saturday, August 6, 12-4 (4 hours) - Onsite Shop Safety and CTE Law at the NEWTECH Skill Center
- Day 2, Sunday, August 7, 8-4 (8 hours) - James Sullivan with Bubba's Tower at the NEWTECH Skill Center
- Day 3, Monday, August 8, 8-4 (8 hours) - General Session and spending time with the vendors on laser/engravers at The Davenport Grand Hotel
- Day 4, Tuesday, August 9, 8-4 (8 hours) - Will Lewis, PVC Submarine Project get parts and build day (prepare to go purchase PVC) at the NEWTECH Skill Center
- Day 5, Wednesday, August 10, 7-11 (4 hours) - Will Lewis, PVC Submarine Testing (location TBD)
* * * * Special Offer * * * *
10% off for teachers and administrators for overnight stays
as well as weddings/events or small group meetings
Contact Patrick Olsen
Phone: (509) 763-3959
Monday, August 8, 2016
Policy: WA-ACTE Summer CTE Conference, The Davenport Grand Hotel, Spokane WA, August 7-10, 2016. Advance registration through July 15. Late registration (additional $50) after July 15. Registration ends July 31. After July 31, please register onsite at The Davenport Grand Hotel. Please fax purchase orders to 360-357-1491 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. When your registration is submitted you are registered for the conference, whether your registration is paid for or not and are subject to the cancellation policy. The registration and payment or purchase order must be received no later than July 31. A $50 handling fee will be charged for credit card declines or checks returned for insufficient funds. Email email@example.com with any cancellations or substitutions by July 31. Substitutions: Substitutions will not be accepted unless received in writing from the original registrant by July 31. Registrants unable to attend may send a substitute. A letter from the original registrant authorizing the substitution must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 360-357-1491 by July 31. Cancellations: A $100 cancellation fee (per person) will be charged for all refunds requested in writing by July 31. Request for refunds must be submitted in writing to email@example.com or faxed to 360-357-1491. No refunds will be issued after July 31. Purchase orders will be billed a $100 cancellation fee per registrant. No-shows will be charged the full amount. All requests must be made in writing. Dues are individual, non-transferable, and non-refundable. Meal tickets are non-refundable. Service fees are non-refundable. Any refunds will be issued by check.
Call for Presentations - Deadline March 11
Connect With WA-ACTE!
Summer Conference 2014 and 2015 Presentations Posted to the
Washington ACTE Community Website