Save the Date! WA-ACTE Summer Professional Development Conference
August 9-12, 2015 - Yakima
Call for Presentations Now Open - Deadline January 27, 2015
CTSO Civic Engagement Day - February 4, 2015 - Olympia
Winners of ACTE's CTE Month 2015 PSA Video Contest:
1st place - "CTE Innovators" by Goose Creek CISD
2nd place - "A Thanks to Our CTE Teachers" by Clear Brook HS
3rd place - "Synonyms" by Indiana County Technology Center
The Value of Membership
The Benefits of Belonging
Why Join Your Organization?
* Offer a collective, strong voice
* Access to relevant and current information
* Recognition of profession
* Provider of professional development
* Trusted access to wisdom
* Is your voice on issues that are important to you
* Facilitates your networking needs with colleagues across the state on different issues
* Keeps you current professionally
* Protect your livelihood
* Keep current on the latest information and techniques
* Network with experts across the state
* Be part of your professional group
“Washington ACTE’s mission is to support our members in providing high
quality CTE opportunities for all students in Washington State.”
WA-ACTE CORE PURPOSE
To provide leadership and services to our members as they prepare students for lifelong career success.
We accomplish our Purpose by Providing Members:
- Quality professional development
- Advocacy and promotion of Career and Technical Education
- Advancement of policy and legislation
- Networking and communication
- Continuous quality association improvement
Advocacy: WA-ACTE believes that the field of Career and Technical Education needs a strong voice at the local, state, and national level to support its importance to students and to promote public awareness of the value of CTE in education and the economy.
Lifelong Learning: WA-ACTE embraces the concept of lifelong learning and recognizes how CTE creates a foundation for students to understand its importance in a rapidly changing environment.
Collaboration: WA-ACTE understands that it cannot accomplish its purpose without the strong support and partnership of other individuals and organizations who share in its vision.
Accountability: WA-ACTE supports the concept of accountability and encourages members to demonstrate their active contributions to all learners.
Service: WA-ACTE encourages the individual commitment of its members to the organization and the profession of Career and Technical Education, through professional service and support.
Diversity: WA-ACTE values diversity among its members and students and actively works to increase the diversity among its members.
Governor Inslee Proclamation Signing, February 12, 2014
Click Here for Full-Size Proclamation: Images/CTE_Month_Proclamation_2014x.jpg